Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Drama Club - Not Just for High School Anymore

Well, I was originally going to write about bad drivers. But after seeing several posts both on a specific group and on peoples walls wondering what I would say about this topic, here I am. Ask and you shall receive. 

I have come to an epiphany tonight – some of you ladies are absolutely and utterly batshit crazy. There's no way around it, no simple or easy way to word it in order to soften the blow. If this base housed a mental facility, I suspect they would have their hands full and very busy with many of you.

Come on people – seriously? There are probably 50 various Edwards AFB groups on Facebook. There's a group for everything from wrapping your baby's ass in cloth diapers, to knitting crap, to asking random strangers to babysit your kid on a Saturday night. (I'm eventually going to write about that one later down the road.) Of all the groups on facebook associated with this base, how the hell does so much damn drama occur on, of all groups, the Edwards Yard Sale site? The concept is pretty simple : you post a picture of your shit, say how much you want for it, someone answers your ad, meet up and have an exchange. Where is there room for drama in this concept? But instead my wall got flooded with not one, not two but about 15 multiple threads all continuing the drama. 



First – I gotta say it. Where are my Pure Romance consultants when I need them? Because if ever there was a group of women who have some pent up sexual frustration, it was running rampant on Edwards AFB Yard Sales. There's alot of really nice consultants - please, contact one immediately - the world will thank you.

For any of you not in this group (and be very grateful for that fact) here's the basic run down. There was a group of women who believe that anyone who advertises on the group should be on base or have access to the base since the group is targeted to Edwards AFB. They were upset with the fact that in order to make the exchange, they would have to drive off base to surrounding cities. On the opposite side of the coin, you had another group of women who believed that anyone in the local area should be allowed to buy/sell on the group. I'm not going to pick sides on this argument because honestly, I don't care. I figure if I want something that's not on base then I got a few options. 1.) I can choose to drive to where the item is. 2.) I can pass on the item or 3.) I can order the same item on Amazon, usually for cheaper and with free shipping too.

Instead of a yard sale site, you would have thought it was North vs South during the time of the Civil war. I wish I had been on during the time the drama went down, I would have grabbed a Mint Julup and pretended I was sitting on the porch of a nice Antebellum style house 
humming Dixie while watching the Blue and the Grey having it out on my screen. Instead I spent a good hour reading all the various threads. What was really crazy is every time a thread seemed to die down, someone would post a whole new thread that started it back up again. Crazy bitches just couldn't let it die – a not so silent scream that just proves the point that people have to be the center of drama. If they weren't the center of it in one thread – then by all means, they will another just to bring the attention to them. Damn!

Buy, sell, trade and fight.

Even I am at a complete and utter loss as to what to say about the whole deal. I knew that there was some crazy ass people on this base but that whole thing takes the cake. Even more so, I got to admit that there are very few of you that irritate the hell out of me but there was one chicky who takes the cake. So, I'm not going to name names but I will say that while I support everyone's rights to freedom of speech, there comes a time when you just need to STFU and stop encouraging more drama. You can hide behind “I am entitled to my opinion” all you want but do you know what they say about opinions? They're like a$$holes – everyone has one and they usually stink. Her “opinion” reeked so badly that I wanted to give her a years supply of Charmin. Now, don't get me wrong – she's completely and totally entitled to her opinion. I have no problem with that and she did have some valid points. The problem was that she went from voicing an opinion to being condescending and insulting to those who disagreed with her. And remember people – this was on the yard sale site.

Some people just suffer from a medical affliction called cranial/rectal inversion.

Now someone else decided to toss out the “racist” card. You, my friend, have got to be the one of the dumbest people I saw in all the threads. Let me educate you. Racism is the prejudice or discrimination directed against someone of a different race. That's why its called, well, racism. Race is typically understood to be a person's physical appearance – usually the color of their skin although it could also involve other factors. Caucasian, Asian, Black. Now, I don't remember reading anyone saying that only white people can buy/sell on the Edwards AFB yard sale site. I don't remember anyone saying only people with brown eyes can be in the group. The “debate” was over whether or not the group should only be for those who actually live on the base. I really wish people would stop throwing the word “racism” out for every little thing, especially when it doesn't apply in any sense of the world.

One the bright side there was one thread that had me laughing pretty hard. The ladies and gentlemen who made light of the whole situation, you guys are awesome. Plus, I'm a bit bias because then I saw the shout out for this blog. (Christina – thanks for that – here's your shout out in return). Glad to see there are still some who have a sense of humor. Too bad I don't know any of you personally, I would have enjoyed joining ya for drinks.

Lighten up people – its a yard sale site. Sell your shit, make some money and move on with life. Your used trinkets, shoes and doggy doors aren't that important to warrant all this drama. Tell your husbands to put a smile on your face tonight and maybe, just maybe, you'll realize there's so many more important problems in the world than if someone on a facebook page lives on base or not.

Until next time...

8 comments:

  1. Somehow I knew I could read your blog today, that your post would be about this craziness, and I could laugh (again) at all the crazies...thanks for the smile, it went great with my morning coffee :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once again, Munoz family, glad I could entertain. I'm enjoying my coffee now as I write and while I go back over the groups and look at the crazies there and plan my next blog. *evil laugh*

      Delete
  2. "I have come to an epiphany tonight – some of you ladies are absolutely and utterly batshit crazy.".....BINGO!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do I win a prize? I never win anything at Bingo - all those blue haired ladies get all Kung Fu on you when you're even close ;)

      Delete
  3. I just was informed about your blog during all the EAFB Yardsale craziness. I did end up making one friend out of it, while making light of the situation and talking about wine, rum and tequila rose. I have to say, I woke up this morning really hoping you wrote about it, and enjoyed every minute of reading this morning. Although I do not live on base, my ex-FIL retired for EAFB and I was a navy wife for 5 years(at 29 Palms mind you). If you all think you have it bad at Edwards, try living out there!!!! I still enjoy reading about stuff and look forward to more funny reads in the future(even if they don't apply to me).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kristy, thank you for joining us and glad you found your way here. Unlike the Edwards AFB Yard Sale site, I promise not to discriminate against you for not living on base. My humor is open to anyone who can handle it.

      I'm glad that you were able to make a friend out of all that craziness. The conversation about the alcohol, sandwiches and husbands either for sale or "Standing at Attention" was a pleasant entertainment for me after reading all the other drama. At least some people on this base have a sense of humor.

      Delete
    2. Well I will look forward to reading your humor after my morning walks, while drinking my smoothie and taking my vitamins!!! Keep doing what you are doing, and for those that can't find the humor in what you post, I will just sit back and feel sad for them :)

      Delete
  4. Heyyyy, Kristy, I think I know who that friend is.. LOL

    ReplyDelete